Student Visa

Each year Canada issues more than 130,000 Student Visas for foreign nationals to study at its world renowned centres of higher education.
In a recent study by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, out of 1,000 universities Canada had 4 universities ranked in the top 100, 10 in the top 250, and 19 in the top 500. And Canadian universities have some of the lowest tuition fees rates in the world (starting as low as CAN $6,000 per year)
According to the International Student Survey conducted by the Canadian Bureau for International Education, over 90% of those in higher education were satisfied or very satisfied with their studies in Canada, and 95% would recommend Canada as a place to study.
If you wish to join them, CanadianVisaPros can help you apply for a Visa that allows international students to stay in Canada while pursuing a specific course or program at an approved institute of higher education.
Upon graduating, international students may apply for a work permit under the Post-Graduate Work Permit Program.


To be eligible foreign students wishing to study in Canada need to fulfil the following criteria:

  1. They must have already been accepted to study at an approved Canadian institution.
  2. They must prove that they have sufficient funds to pay for tuition fees, living expenses, and return transport after the completion of their study program
  3. They must provide proof (a valid police certificate) stating that they are law-abiding citizens with no criminal record and that therefore they are not a security risk to Canada.
  4. They must be in good health and be willing to undertake a medical examination should that be deemed to be necessary.
  5. They must satisfy immigration authorities that they will indeed leave Canada upon completion of the study program and their authorized stay.

In some cases a Student Visa is not required. This is true if the course program lasts less than two months; if you are a family member or staff of a foreign representative to Canada; if you are a member of a foreign armed force.

Apply Now